Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connecting PSP wirelessly

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 yethPC

yethPC

• Members
  • 365 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 AM

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:58 PM

Hi,

I am trying to connect psp so it could get internet connection through my laptop that is hardwired.Would it be possible to connect psp wirelessly though my laptop is connected through rj45 jack?I configured my psp in adhoc mode but still connection could not be detected even I supplied correct connection name and wep security key.Thanks for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MadDawg

MadDawg

• Members
  • 453 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:51 PM

Does the laptop have a wireless dongle plugged in, or is it already capable of acting as an access point? The laptop has to have one of these features in order for your PSP to connect to it.

Also, I believe you have to configure Internet Connection Sharing.
A penguin broke my windows with a half-eaten apple!

#3 yethPC

yethPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 365 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2009 - 04:17 AM

Thanks for the reply.

Just dont know if my laptop is capable of acting as access point, how would I know?Im pretty sure laptop's wireless capability is on coz the wireless button is in up position.

#4 MadDawg

MadDawg

• Members
  • 453 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:48 PM

In that case, I doubt your laptop can act as an access point. I've personally never seen a laptop capable of acting as one out-of-the-box. Your laptop can only connect to an access point from what I understand. I would recommend buying a wireless router. Linksys or Netgear are good vendors to choose.
A penguin broke my windows with a half-eaten apple!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users