Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Change PDF to not be Read _Only

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jorfrel

jorfrel

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 08 June 2009 - 12:49 PM

I have a PDF file that is read only is there a way to change it so that I can edit it?
IronHulk

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 txtchr

txtchr

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 PM

Posted 08 June 2009 - 08:14 PM

Unless you have Acrobat Professional, you cannot edit the document.

Even then, editing the document will place "call-out tags" in the document that are not actually within the text. To edit the original text, you'll have to have access to the original document, unless it's been marked as available to be edited in the PDF format.

Edited by txtchr, 08 June 2009 - 08:15 PM.

#3 SubMariner

SubMariner

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 30 June 2009 - 01:56 PM

I have a PDF file that is read only is there a way to change it so that I can edit it?

I asked a similar question here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/237634/convert-pdf-file-to-something-writeable/ and found a program that seems to do the trick for regular pdf files. (See msg #5.) You can try it with yours.

Bonne chance,
=SubMariner=

#4 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 PM

Posted 01 July 2009 - 08:55 AM

If the author of PDF file has protected the file, so that nobody can edit/modify it. Then attempting to edit is considered illegal and comes under cracking category.

There are certain illegal softwares to do that but I do not think BC experts would advise to use them.

#5 txtchr

txtchr

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 PM

Posted 01 July 2009 - 03:36 PM

Similar discussion on another thread. I've posted the method to determine what security and restrictions are enabled on the document:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/233749/to-enable-pdf-documents-right/ See post #5 in the thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users