Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Inheriting new processor, need advice!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 czarnybaran5150

czarnybaran5150

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 PM

Posted 08 June 2009 - 12:35 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys,

I'm going to be building a new computer soon but my plans changed when I found out I could get the following processor for free :thumbsup:

Intel Core 2 Extreme Quad Core QX9750

Specifications:
* Quad-core
* 45nm
* 3.16Ghz
* 1333Mhz FSB
* 12MB L2 Cache
* Socket-775

I'll be spending a fair amount of money just to build the computer, so I want to be sure this is a good processor to build around. I would like to know how this processor stacks up against what's out there today.

Many Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:59 PM

It's free and it's quad-core...if it works properly, I don't know what other info you would like :thumbsup:.

Louis

BTW: Google still works...for looking up reviews, specs, etc. on items like that.

Edited by hamluis, 08 June 2009 - 02:00 PM.

#3 czarnybaran5150

czarnybaran5150
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:35 PM

Thanks for the response Louis.

Actually finding info on this thing is not that easy. It was never released to the public. I just know that its a little less powerful than the qx7770.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2009 - 04:26 PM

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=I...mp;oq=&aqi=

Google works in my part of this universe.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users