Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse Darting Bottom Left "Start Button"

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fef

fef

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 PM

Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:37 AM

This has been an ongoing problem. I've checked to see if there was that box checked for "snap to default button," however, it was never checked. I ran a scan for the "peper trojan," but those files were not on the system. I ran a couple other virus scans and malware scans, but to no avail. I did also run a Hijackthis and will include the log file below. I haven't messed with drivers yet because it is the embedded mouse for the tablet I'm using. I don't use any other mouse devices. I do use a tablet pen regularly. The problem is frequent and random. I can see it happening from across the room, which is to say, I'm not hitting a button by accident. There is no external mouse or wireless mouse involved.

Hoping for a ray of light.
Thanks in advance
Dave

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,381 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 08 June 2009 - 10:35 AM

The touchpad has drivers...all drivers can become damaged.

I'd try uninstalling the drivers for the touchpad (via Device Manager), then rebooting so that they reinstall...before I assumed anything more drastic than that.

How To Access The Device Manager - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/42244/how-to-access-the-device-manager/

Louis

#3 fef

fef
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 PM

Posted 08 June 2009 - 11:55 AM

I think it worked! I'll monitor it for the rest of the day.
Thanks
Dave

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,381 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:19 PM

Let's watch it for a day or so :thumbsup:, before we celebrate.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users