Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cblitz

cblitz

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 AM

Posted 08 June 2009 - 05:40 AM

Hi all!

Thought I'd try this site out after reading up on other people's success here. Hopefully I learn more about how to better protect my PC as well.

Corey

Edited by cblitz, 08 June 2009 - 05:40 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 PM

Posted 08 June 2009 - 07:44 AM

It probably won't take too long reading through the forums to understand that PC security is extremely important. Malware can make your computer-companion sluggish or inoperable or subject you to identity theft. There are a few simple steps you can take to prevent infection, and if these fail, you can be assured that our Members can help you get rid of it.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 cblitz

cblitz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 AM

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:18 AM

Thanks John. I've already had a chance to look over some of the forums and there is a ton of good information in there. I still have a lot of learning to do though as I don't know a whole lot about PCs.

Corey

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 PM

Posted 09 June 2009 - 12:07 PM

Well, we are learned one step at a time, or more probably, when we came across a problem or didn't know how to do something we needed to with the computer. Don't hesitate to ask questions, even if you think them to be very elementary- - -everyone here began knowing next to nothing about computers, and are more than willing to save you time and trouble by lending a hand.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users