Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trouble Displaying Images in Word

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Korrupt

Korrupt

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 30 June 2005 - 10:07 PM

My computer used to run fine until i went on vacation and my technologically challenged cousin thought it would be a good idea to put magnets on the inside of my PC maybe it's my own fault but i had to start from scratch i just finished reinstalling everything but i just noticed that Microsoft Word no longer displays images in the document. It doesn't matter if you paste it, link it. It now only displays images from the pre-provided image clipbook which is sorely lacking if anyone could help me I'd appreciate it greatly
I'm using Microsoft Office XP Student and Teachers Editions: Standard
and
Nvidia GeForce 4 graphics card
if you need more info just ask

also: my computer no longer proccess or displays GiF, Jpeg or any other type of image files and only reads the occasional and rare Bitmap file.

Edited by Korrupt, 30 June 2005 - 10:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2005 - 10:00 PM

Sounds to me that you need to check the file associations for those graphic files to be sure they are correct. This may also clear up your Word problem.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 bluto

bluto

• Banned
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2005 - 10:04 PM

My computer used to run fine until i went on vacation and my technologically challenged cousin thought it would be a good idea to put magnets on the inside of my PC maybe it's my own fault but i had to start from scratch i just finished reinstalling everything but i just noticed that Microsoft Word no longer displays images in the document. It doesn't matter if you paste it, link it. It now only displays images from the pre-provided image clipbook which is sorely lacking if anyone could help me I'd appreciate it greatly
I'm using Microsoft Office XP Student and Teachers Editions: Standard
and
Nvidia GeForce 4 graphics card
if you need more info just ask

also: my computer no longer proccess or displays GiF, Jpeg or any other type of image files and only reads the occasional and rare Bitmap file.

Give me a break,magnets explain what benefit this was supposed to be ?
Have you not read how important haveing no static elec is.
Since your here is it on that PC or another.
And Lordy Lordy did you remove the magnets,unplug the pws and give it a days rest ?

EDIT:This really isn't the right forum and might not get the right people responding.
Mods,move this to the appropiate Windows Forum.

Please do not double post. Use the edit button.

Edited by groovicus, 07 July 2005 - 09:34 AM.

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2005 - 10:14 PM

Since the main question was about Word, it was posted in the correct forum. The additional problem was related to it, and so I posted a possible solution, rather than moving the post to another forum, which is one of the perogatives of BC moderators.
It is not necessary to quote the thread in replying, since this only uses bandwidth unnecessarily; quotes from prior messages should be limited to exerpts from long texts where itemisation or further discussion of one issue is needed.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users