Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to download anti-spyware files from Mozilla

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jveltr99

jveltr99

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 PM

Posted 08 June 2009 - 12:45 AM

Hello,

I don't know what has happened to my computer in the past couple days, but apparently it has been bombarded with viruses, trojans, etc. It has slowed down quite a bit, I have to click links multiple times to load them, my computer will not open certain files, and it has not been saving my documents in Microsoft Word unless I copy the document, close the program, re-open, and paste the text.

Now, I have tried to download spybot search and destroy with hopes that it will clear out my problem; however, when I go to download.com to download the program, I click the link and I go nowhere. No matter what I try, I can not download the file.

Is the virus my problem?

How do I fix this?

Can someone please help?

(Moderator edit: revised Topic Title. jgw)

Edited by jgweed, 08 June 2009 - 08:08 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:51 AM

Hi jveltr99,
I've asked that your thread be moved to AII (Am I Infected?) where you will get help for removing the malware so you can work again. Sometimes it's necessary to download a program like Spybot or MalwareBytes onto an external medium like a cd or data stick using a clean computer and then transfer the program to your computer so you can install it. They will give you more thorough instructions in that part of the forum.
Zllio

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,805 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:00 AM

I am shifting this topic from the XP forum to the Am I Infected forum.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#4 jveltr99

jveltr99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2009 - 08:37 AM

Thanks, Zllio and Orange Blossom, for moving into a different topic! I'm new!

But anyways, I did download spybot search and destroy AND malwarebytes from another computer and installed them onto mine. I let spybot run last night. It found a bunch of viruses and I removed them, but along the way, my system shut down. I restarted and it's currently running Spybot again.

I don't know if I made a good move. I think my computer may be crashing...can someone help, please?!

#5 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2009 - 10:36 AM

Hi iveltr99,

Be sure your efforts are not complicated by your computer overheating and don't give up on the tools you're trying to run. It will be helpful for the helpers to see the MalwareBytes log when you get through running MalwareBytes.

Zllio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users