Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Where Should i put my Printer?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Derek Ellis

Derek Ellis

• Members
  • 257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 07 June 2009 - 11:04 PM

I have a printer and i want to know what you all think is a good place to put it.

Here is a picture of my Desk and Printer now

Posted Image

My Printer is white, on the right side of my desk.

Posted Image

The grey box on the left side is a heavy safe.

Posted Image

I have 3 cats, and they all go up the stairs, which my printer current sits below. I am worried over time that cat fur that flies down from them running up will settle down and jam up my printer heads.

I did have it on the left side at one time, but i traded spots with my safe, since my cats also walk across the top of the Desk, they would jump on the Printer when jumping off. I was also afriad they might break the scanner glass (its a Printer/Scanner Combo) over time from constanty jumping on it. So i had them jump on my safe instaed, they wont hurt that.

So...what side would you put the printer on?

Edited by Derek Ellis, 07 June 2009 - 11:06 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 AM

Posted 08 June 2009 - 08:26 AM

I would put the printer where your safe now sits. Even better would be to place it in a doored cabinet if that is possible and not a major hassle for you to use.
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Derek Ellis

Derek Ellis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 257 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:02 AM

If my cats keep jumping on it, you dont think it would hurt the printer glass over time? Or would the cat fur cause more damage?

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,111 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:08 PM

I had two cats my biggest problem was them attacking the paper when it was printing. The Fur will find its way in their no matter where you put the printer. Just blow it out with compressed air monthly. As long as there just jumping from the floor to the printer to investigate (and there not as big as Garfield) I doubt the will do any serious damage. Is this an all in one unit (does it have a scanner)? The only thing I would be careful of is if they constantly jump on the printer is the scanner bar being upset. You could lock the scanner or put it in travel mode (should be a switch somewhere) to keep the bar in place when your not using it.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#5 Derek Ellis

Derek Ellis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 257 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2009 - 03:46 AM

I have a 24 lbs cat...thats what i am worried about. Yes its a Dell all-in-one printer and scanner. How would i find out to put the scan bar in the locked postion?

I do not have a cabinet with a door on it, trust me if i had one that is where its going.

Edited by Derek Ellis, 20 June 2009 - 03:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users