Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Router

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jsfm35x

jsfm35x

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 07 June 2009 - 06:50 PM

My Linsys SRX400 went. It will not stay powered up. Should I buy the same modle again, or is there a faster, better wirelewss modem? It currently drives 3 devices plus some wirelss laptops.

If I buy the same model, will it just plug and play or do I need to re-program?

If I buy a different better model will I need 3 new wireless adapter for each device?

thanks,

jeff

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 PcProbs

PcProbs

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 AM

Posted 07 June 2009 - 08:19 PM

I would buy the linksys wireless N, i have it and ive noticed a difference in speed and signal strength, unfortunatly you do need the N card in order for it to have the N potential

you will not need to replace any of the wireless adapters and the only changes you will need to make is tell every computer to connect to the new router

Edited by PcProbs, 07 June 2009 - 08:20 PM.

#3 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 3,778 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 AM

Posted 11 June 2009 - 11:44 AM

I am running a Linksys WRT160Nv2 and am very happy with it NOW! The reason for NOW was the firmware that came with it was buggy, I ended up down grading the factory firmware. There is some good info on the Linksys site about doing this, since I am more then pleased. I have very good range and speed, I can go about 75 feet from my house and still use my laptop. Even with all three of my machines running the net runs very fast. Make sure you get a v2 so you have the extra ram, I have read where the plain N's do not perform as good.

Phil

If you don't stand for the flag then you will fall for anything!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users