Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB Issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Phantasmagoria

Phantasmagoria

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 AM

Posted 30 June 2005 - 07:53 PM

I have an issue with using USB hardware, more specifically my CD burner and my MP3 player. I'm not too sure what's wrong here, but I do know that a problem lies.

I have an external TDK CD burner and an Andus Resound (or something like that - low end anyway) MP3 player that both connect via USB. The problem is that whenever I try to dump MP3s or WMAs to my MP3 player or right in the middle of burning a CD, my computer locks up. No bluescreen, just a lockup. Anybody have a clue what the problem could be?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2005 - 01:47 AM

A little more info about your computer hardware and operating system would help.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2005 - 02:55 AM

If your using XP/2K do the following:

Start
Control Panel
Performance and Maintenace
Admin Tools
Event Viewer
System

Have a look at what time your PC froze and see if any errors where logged. If your using XP you'll find a link to click on which may give you a solution.

#4 Phantasmagoria

Phantasmagoria
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2005 - 06:40 PM

Running XPSP2 on an AMD Athlon XP. What more information would you like?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users