Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AntiVirus Blocked by Computer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cosmic_sniper05

cosmic_sniper05

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 PM

Posted 07 June 2009 - 11:23 AM

My cousin's computer does not have any AV installed. I scanned his computer using ClamWin Portable but as soon as the logo was shown, it immediately stopped. I tried it twice but the same thing happened. After failing, I tried to install Avira but the same thing happened. As soon as the installation window pop-up, it quits by itself.

When I got home, I scanned my flash drive and found 2 infected files that is somehow associated with the AV's that I used with my cousin's computer.

Here are the logs

"F:\avira_antivir_personal_en.exe";"Virus identified Win32/Tanatos.J";"Healed"

"F:\ClamWinPortable\ClamWinPortable.exe";"Virus found Win32/Heur";"Infected"

P.S.

I tried to install MBAM and it was successful. I haven't retrieved the log though.
Let's have a mental fusion!
Let us do our part to make this world a truly symbiotic place.

For other computer problems, this blog might be helpful:
http://cosmicsniper.blogspot.com

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,725 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 AM

Posted 08 June 2009 - 10:35 PM

Hello try to run Avira or Clam in safe mode. You should d also run this now on yours his and the flash drive.
Download and Run FlashDisinfector

You have a flash drive infection. These worms travel through your portable drives. If they have been connected to other machines, they may now be infected.
Please download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs and save it to your desktop.
Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.
The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives including your mobile phone. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.
Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.
Reboot your computer when done.

Note: Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive plugged in when you ran it. Don't delete this folder. It will help protect your drives from future infection.

For further malware assistance please start a new topic in the Am I Infected forum.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 cosmic_sniper05

cosmic_sniper05
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2011 - 03:02 PM

i know that this reply is kinda very late. . . have solved this problem actually.

Just for the purpose for future reference, should I remove the attached removable devices before rebooting the computer?

Thanks in advance.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,725 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:29 PM

Yes remove them . Did you ever find your Malwarebytes log?
The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 cosmic_sniper05

cosmic_sniper05
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2011 - 12:52 AM

thanks for the clarification. . .

can't retrieve the logs though. . . I have already made reformatting after that and it's actually working fine now.

Thanks again for the help. ^_^

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,725 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2011 - 12:42 PM

You're welcome and thanks for updating us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users