Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware? Ron ads

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 jayp

jayp

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 PM

Posted 07 June 2009 - 07:30 AM

Hello Friends,
Thank you dearly for your time and expertise. This is my first post, so pardon me if I stray from the guidelines. I found you by searching for pages related to "Ron ad by addestination". I found a post with some of the same symptoms that I'm experiencing: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/lof...hp/t206604.html I downloaded and ran both the DDS tool and the RSIT tool and are including the 3 files they produced. For around a month or more now I've been getting a few different symptoms: The Ron ads by addestination; random audio clips while no known audio programs are running; repeating windows asking are you sure you want to navigate away from this page, even when my browser (IE) is not open; and repeating windows stating something about a jCarousel infinite loop. I run windows xp pro using IE 8 to browse the web. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks again for your time. Jayp

PS I had trouble posting and may have sent duplicates of the files

Almost forgot, I do have Windows firewall running and I use Norton 360 premier and it is updated and seem to be running properly. Thanks, Jayp

Merged posts. ~ OB

Attached Files

Edited by Orange Blossom, 07 June 2009 - 01:59 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jayp

jayp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 PM

Posted 07 June 2009 - 04:53 PM

UPDATE: Pardon my impatients, but I went ahead and tried a fix before recieving a reply. I searched a little further into the forum post and found a sugestion to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. I installed and ran it. It found 20 or so infections, corrected most of them immediatley and the remaining upon reboot. It seems to have solved the problems.
Administrators, please don't waste any time on my issue. I'm glad you guy's are here. I will most definately return to BleepingComputer.com in the future. Thanks most sincerely, Jayp

Edited by jayp, 07 June 2009 - 04:57 PM.

#3 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 07 June 2009 - 05:04 PM

Thanks for letting us know jayp. :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users