Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malwarebytes very slow to load.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 silon and garfunkel

silon and garfunkel

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 07 June 2009 - 01:31 AM

Hi.

For a few months now whenever I click on Malwarebytes it takes about 20 or 30 seconds to load. It never used to do this and none of my other programs are slow to load. It still runs at the normal speed when it starts. The problem seemed to start about 2 or 3 versions back. Is this normal?

Thanks for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 AM

Posted 07 June 2009 - 09:09 AM

When is the last time you updated it
Maybe try a fresh install
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 silon and garfunkel

silon and garfunkel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2009 - 12:49 AM

OK, I'll try a fresh install and see how it goes.

#4 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 AM

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:10 AM

Both Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware take a little bit of time to load for me too, always have.

#5 silon and garfunkel

silon and garfunkel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2009 - 03:05 AM

I tried a fresh reinstall of Malwarebytes and it is just as slow to load. I guess I will have to get used to it.

#6 buttoni

buttoni

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 14 June 2009 - 09:11 PM

FWIW, it has been doing this for a couple of months for me, too. No other programs are doing this, so I think it is definitely something new with MBAM. Haven't been to their forum in some time to see if others are complaining about this "change".
HP Pavilion desktop p6270z; 8 GB ram; Win7 Home Premium x64 bit; FX 4.0; DSL 2Wire modem/router; MVPS Hosts; Comodo FW 5.3(D+ & Sandbox enabled); MSSE; MBAM on demand.

#7 JJ2K

JJ2K

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 15 June 2009 - 09:03 AM

Mine takes about 10 seconds to load could be something to do with the new versions.

My SuperantiSpyware takes ages to close when you try to close it from the system tray however.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users