Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't remove processguard

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ShaleenU

ShaleenU

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 06 June 2009 - 10:08 PM

The program DiamondCS processguard is on my computer and I can't get rid of it. I don't remember ever installing it but that doesn't matter now since I want it gone. I've deleted most of the remnants of it that I could find like procguard.sys and procguard.dll, I also uninstalled it in my device manager. The reason I want it gone is because it interferes with a Hack security program called hackshield made by AhnLab. This program runs for a lot of MMORPGS and Processguard gets picked up as a hacking device. For this reason I want processguard gone. If this is in the wrong section I apologize, I'm not sure where to put this. Any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ShaleenU

ShaleenU
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2009 - 12:39 AM

I resolved the problem, sorry for wasting space.

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 07 June 2009 - 09:07 AM

Glad you fixed it
Perhaps you can tell us how so others may benefit

Edited by garmanma, 07 June 2009 - 09:08 AM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 ShaleenU

ShaleenU
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2009 - 01:08 PM

Well what I did was downloaded the installer, went into safemode since I couldn't install in Normal mode since it said that Processguard was still running. Installed it, removed all protection and then uninstalled it in safemode.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users