Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

W32/Backdoor2.EMEB

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JIROBBI

JIROBBI

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 PM

Posted 01 June 2009 - 05:05 PM

Hi, I had the W32/Backdoor2.EMEB hit my computer. My anti-Virus said that it blocked it and no hare occured to my computer. The window popped up with the same messages. I turned off my computer and the message has never popped up again. If my files had been replaced and if the message was from my Windows XP program would it have popped up again.

The W32/Backdoor tried again later byt my Anti-Virus stated that it had blocked and deleted it again. I have tried the methods you pointed out except that I have not put in my SP/3 disk. I have had no problem with my computer and I have not tried any system restore.

Could this have Replaced my Windows files?

Thanks,
JiRobbi

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JIROBBI

JIROBBI
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2009 - 06:42 PM

Hi again,

I am still puzzled by this W32/Backdoor and the message I got to put in the sp3 disk.

Can I run two realtime virus protection programs at the same time? I really like the Malwarebytes. I would not mind having it running as a realtime protection. It seems that is could be too late after one runs it and finds a virus that has already gotten into the computer. Malwarebytes finds things that my realtime virus protection never finds.

I have System Mechanic Pro on my computer and it has several programs thet I like with it.

Another question I have is when do we know to delete something in Quartine. Can something be placed in Quartine that is vital to one's computer? I have assumed that if it was detected as a virus then it needs to be deleted.

Thanks,
JiRobbi.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,561 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2009 - 10:38 PM

Hi so you are still getting the Win 32 backdoor meeage?
You can run MBAM with your antivirus as it is an antimalware not A/v application.
When do we know......??

Quarantine plays a nice middle ground, because it moves the file to safe storage under control of the antivirus program - so it can't harm your system - but it's there in case a mistake was made and you need to restore that file. So if after several days the PC is still operating normallyy then it would OK

After a scan...
Only choose 'delete' if (a) the antivirus scanner specifically recommends it, or (:thumbsup: you're absolute certain that it's not a legitimate file
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users