Well hi everyone.
To start I'm a noob and I might ask dumb questions; so please bear with me.
Anywho my silly mother has this customized dry cleaning program that was made specifically for her needs. Before she moved buildings she had two (2) desktop computer connected directly together (no hubs/switches/ or routers). Well now that she moved her business into another building she has one (1) desktop computer and she wanted to add on a laptop to the back area of her store as a space saver. She also thought to save money by not buying a long Ethernet cable to string clear across her store; so she bought a wireless router. Well I got the network up and running, but I have no idea how to set up the program on the laptop let alone trying to configure the two to be in sync. But as luck may have it the person who linked the two desktops, I mentioned earlier, left a notepad on how to set up the program and have the satellite desktop connect to the remote desktop.
Problem here is: I don't understand what he wrote down.
So I will leave what he wrote down. Oh I believe I have everything needed. (ie; registry codes, copy of the program, ect.)
How to setup:
1) Setup SQL Server 2000
2) Using Enterprise Manager Add the Clean Database
If enterprise manager is not available - using the SQL Tool -Attach the database. Leave the Datasource line blank.
3) Make sure the SA password is blank
4) Load in registry settings (CleanSpot)
5) Under the Cleanspot registry setting the DataSource name should be set to the name of the sql server
Connecting to another computer:
a) create folder c:\tpl
1) import into registry cleanspot.reg. See c:\tpl\tpl
2) make sure computer has a copy of Clean21.exe. install in c:\tpl
3) Setup tcp connection:
4) ping 192.168.0.1 (front-desk) to make sure
5) setup printer: \\front-desk\<printer name>
So if anyone could help me with anything on the subject it would be much appreciated.