Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft / AV sites - cannot access

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ricpira

ricpira

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 PM

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:53 PM

Hello all,

I am new member from Brazil at BC even though have been using help / tips from forums for a while. Hope someone could help me figure out what is wrong with my PC and fix.

I just had my computer formatted and re-installed with XP three days ago after experiencing several problems. Unfortunately, it is looking like it came back with new ones. Since the place I had my PC repaired is about 50 miles from where I live, Im trying to avoid having to go back there twice for a new fix. :thumbsup:

The issue was I could not update AVG 8 which was installed in my PC (somehow it did not connect to AVG update server). I then uninstaled it wishing I was gonna download & re-install another version from AVG website. To my surprise, I could not access AVG site. I then figured out I cannot access any other anti-virus sites or even Microsoft.com for the last 3 days.

The internet provider tried to help me cheking server, DNS, IP etc, but that did not fix. I learned I can access the sites through kproxy (www.kproxy.com) but it won´t let me download large files or update AVG / Windows for example. So, it seems there is an issue with my PC.

Does any one have a clue on what could be wrong? Can this be a virus?

Any help much appreciated... thanks!! ricpira

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users