Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen or Graphics Problem, not sure.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SuperClifford

SuperClifford

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 06 June 2009 - 01:38 PM

Hi,
I have had a problem with my computer screen since I built my computer almost two years ago.
My friend tried to explain it to me but I think he doesn't know what he is talking about. So I came here to ask. He said it had to do with the Vertical Sync in games or something. I shut that off in for example Empire Total War and it still happens.

Problem:
It seems whenever I play certain games my monitor bugs out. It starts producing these very thin lines all over the screen, they are horizontal and they rapidly appear and disappear across the entire screen. I can solve this problem simply by restarting the computer, but it is not a permanent fix.

When they appear:
They don't always appear, it is very weird. They do not appear during, World of Warcraft, Team Fortress 2 (I think), Portal, Spore, Crysis, Command and Conquer Red Alert 2. But do appear during, Empire: Total War, Call of Duty Modern Warfare and World at War, Bioshock, and more I am sure.

They also don't always appear, sometimes I can leave the game running for a long time without ever having the problem come up, other times it starts immediately with the game.

Ways I tried to fix it:
1) Turning down the graphics in games to see if that helps, I don't believe it does.
2) Updating my gcard's drivers doesn't seem to help as well, though I haven't done it in a couple of weeks, I am going to right after this post.

My Gcard and Monitor:
I am linking them to newegg.com
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814130084
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16824254005

I hope someone can figured out what I am talking about even with my poor explanation. It is a hard thing to explain and something I don't think you can take a screen shot of.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigacci

rigacci

Fiorentino

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:10 PM

There is 1 poor review for your video card. Looks like that person's card would work fine and then suddenly started going wacky. Maybe the same as yours?

You should try a new (different) video card and see if that resolves the problem. Hopefully you can borrow it from a friend.

You can also try a different monitor, to eliminate any problem with the monitor.

Good luck.

DR

#3 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:02 PM

Could be caused by overheating. Try opening the case up and looking for dust build up. You can also temporarily use a house fan and point it at the open case to see if it fixes the problem .
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#4 Widdybear77

Widdybear77

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 22 June 2009 - 07:57 PM

superclifford
I have four computers and built them myself. I'm not real intelligent either so bare with me. Have a Duo Core and played same games and got artifacts on the game like you did. Checked core temps and the computer was running at a very firey 61C so I went out for four case fans and cooled her down to nice norm 31C and no artifacts on the games. Had similar problems with my Quad Core but it's sitting in a nice cool Cooler Master HAF case/w 3 big haukin case fans plus a water cooled radiator system so I knew temperature was not the problem. That thing is like an airconditioner sitting next to it. So I figured on maybe RAM. Went to EBay and got a couple more gigs RAM and I got no more artifacts in the game. Figure out if your game has the most artifacts in the heat of the day or on a cool night check your sys temp in your CMOS. Check whats the max RAM the game like to play with before you go off and chunk your card. Maybe that will help.... :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users