Please note the message text in blue
at the top of this forum.
You should not be using Combofix
unless instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert who can interpret the logs. It is a powerful tool intended by its creator
to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert
", NOT for private use
. Combofix was never meant to be used as a general purpose malware scanner like SuperAntispyware or Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.
Please read Combofix's Disclaimer
. That's the decision by the creator and we will abide by that decision.
Please post the results of your MBAM scan for review (even if nothing was found)
To retrieve the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware scan log information, launch MBAM.
Logs are saved to the following locations:
- Click the Logs Tab at the top.
- The log will be named by the date of scan in the following format: mbam-log-date(time).txt
-- If you have previously used MBAM, there may be several logs showing in the list.
- Click on the log name to highlight it.
- Go to the bottom and click on Open.
- The log should automatically open in notepad as a text file.
- Go to Edit and choose Select all.
- Go back to Edit and choose Copy or right-click on the highlighted text and choose copy from there.
- Come back to this thread, click Add Reply, then right-click and choose Paste.
- Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
- Exit MBAM when done.
-- In XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs
-- In Vista: C:\Documents and Settings\Users\All Users\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs
Please perform an online scan with Kaspersky WebScanner
.(Requires free Java Runtime Environment (JRE) be installed before scanning for malware as ActiveX is no longer being used.)
- Click on the ...button.
- The program will launch and fill in the Information section ... on the left.
- Read the "Requirements and Limitations" then press... the ...button.
- The program will begin downloading the latest program and definition files.
It takes a while... please be patient and let it finish.
- Once the files have been downloaded, click on the ...button.
In the scan settings make sure the following are selected:
- Detect malicious programs of the following categories:
Viruses, Worms, Trojan Horses, Rootkits
Spyware, Adware, Dialers and other potentially dangerous programs
- Scan compound files (doesn't apply to the File scan area):
By default the above items should already be checked.
- Click the ...button, if you made any changes.
- Now under the Scan section on the left:Select My Computer
- The program will start and scan your system. This will run for a while, be patient... let it run.
Once the scan is complete, it will display if your system has been infected.
- Save the scan results as a Text file ... save it to your desktop.
- Copy and paste the saved scan results file in your next reply.