Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

unidentified cable

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tombutler06

tombutler06

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 06 June 2009 - 09:54 AM

right then guys i have an optiplex standard series model gx-240 and one of the cables has bust it runs from the motherboard to another little board where the usb ports are on the front as well as the power buton to switch on the computer ssince that has broke my computer will not switch on so i need to know what the cable is called and where i can buy it from
i ahve tried pc world and all the computer shops in my town

please write back or email me @ e-mail address removed to protect from spambots. ~ OB

thanks,

Edited by Orange Blossom, 08 June 2009 - 12:45 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TomfromUofCincy

TomfromUofCincy

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 AM

Posted 06 June 2009 - 09:58 AM

Do you have a way of posting a small picture maybe. Link us to photobucket or something.
Sounds like the little jumper wires.

I really cannot be very positive unless I can see it.

Tom
"Pull your tank behind me... I'm the 82nd Airborne Division and this is as far as the bastards are going." - PFC Martin "Battle of the Bulge"

#3 tombutler06

tombutler06
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 06 June 2009 - 10:29 AM

here is a picture for you guys too see on photobucket link

http://s655.photobucket.com/albums/uu274/t...mputerleads.jpg

#4 TomfromUofCincy

TomfromUofCincy

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 AM

Posted 06 June 2009 - 10:33 AM

The markings on that seem to suggest it is only a USB cable. But it is designed like a serial cable. You may want to contact a computer place and see if there carry such a thing as a USB Serial cable.

The connection ends of that cable do they look like SATA ends or Serial?

Tom
"Pull your tank behind me... I'm the 82nd Airborne Division and this is as far as the bastards are going." - PFC Martin "Battle of the Bulge"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users