Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Project Natal

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 PM

Posted 06 June 2009 - 08:49 AM

I thoughrt this was pretty cool.

Intro Video
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/projectnatal/

Controller free Gaming and Entertainment. One uses their whole body. It scans you in,even personal items. watch the next video.
Watch movies by scanning a movie list with a hand motion. Facial and Voice recognition for video email and logins etc..

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-project-natal/50014
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Stofzuiger

Stofzuiger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 PM

Posted 07 June 2009 - 05:48 AM

Thats pretty awsome :thumbsup:, but how the bleep does it work? :S there are no sensors at all? :S

Every one goes fun fun fun

Who is this doin' this synthetic type of alpha beta psychedelic bleepin'? ~Chemical Brothers - Elektrobank

#3 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 PM

Posted 07 June 2009 - 10:22 PM

As someone who's in classes for Game Design and Development, I'm also curious as to how they get something like this to work. I mean, I'm very impressed as to how they're getting this to work (and, of course, it's much better than Sony's panel on their motion stick thing that seemed to look like a copycat of the Wiimote system, more or less).

....shutting up.

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users