Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Getting desperate on getting rid of this..

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Smelle

Smelle

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 06 June 2009 - 05:34 AM

Howdy,

For the past few weeks Ive had Blue Screen of Death (the DRIVER IRQL LESSER OR EQUAL one) and have been operating in Safe Mode for the time being until I got the time to actually fix it. Today Ive had the time and have been trying to fix it since about 2 this afternoon. I think the problem may be fixed with getting rid of Ad-Aware. If I log onto my computer but not in Safe Mode, 3 pop-ups come up, one about "protect.dll' and the second "uhufuyiwog.dll", both of which are dll's related to Ad-Aware. The 3rd says "autochk.dll" but I think that may be unrelated to it. Anyway, I have about 20 seconds in normal mode to uninstall Ad-Aware, and the last 10 seconds or so my laptop freezes. I thought I may be able to uninstall it when in Safe Mode, but to no avail. I also downloaded a program called "Perfert Uninstall" where you can "force' a program to uninstall. It went well until it came to the actual step of uninstalling where it said I had to register and pay money in order to continue.

So getting to my question, is there anyway I can uninstall Ad-Aware while in Safe Mode? Ive been doing and trying a lot of other things but all have been dead ends. My final option seems to be restarting my whole system, which Im not too hot on doing. Any help is greatly appreciated =)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 06 June 2009 - 08:57 AM

Protect.dll
http://www.prevx.com/filenames/16023302822...ROTECT.DLL.html
and uhufuyiwog.dll Have nothing to do with Adaware
You are infected
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users