Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Quick RAM question.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 iQuickie

iQuickie

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 PM

Posted 05 June 2009 - 05:36 PM

I have an NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE motherboard in my HP Pavillion media center m8330f. It currently uses 3gb of pc2 5300 ram. I want to upgrade my ram to 8gb and switch to a 64bit OS. Would I have any issues with the mobo if I were to buy 4x 2GB sticks of pc2 6200 RAM and slap it in there? Just to reiterate I will be replacing the existing ram with all new modules.

Edited by iQuickie, 05 June 2009 - 05:45 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 PM

Posted 05 June 2009 - 07:37 PM

You should be alright, but I would stick with ram at 1.8V (most of the basic sticks are). Don't go for any high performance, gaming, or ECC ram. It would probably be best to just stick with pc2 5300 ram however, you wouldn't notice a performance difference between the two.

Edited by Sterling14, 05 June 2009 - 07:39 PM.

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users