Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HELP Can't boot into operating system?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tripflex

tripflex

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 PM

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:38 PM

Okay so here's the deal...my original configuration was as follows:

I had Windows 7 and Ubuntu installed, Windows 7 was installed first and then i installed Ubuntu into program files. Anyways i wanted to install MicroXP also so i could boot into xp if ever needed. Well i went through the install for xp and changed the directory to e:\microxp\ instead of e:\windows\ which is where my windows 7 files were installed.

Anyways now that xp is installed that is all i can boot into...i cant boot into ubuntu or windows 7. I installed Acronis OS Selector and that wont pick up any of my other operating systems except for windows 7.

Well my question is, all the files are still on my hard drive for windows 7, like i said i installed windows xp into a different folder. Well is there anyway to setup windows 7 and ubuntu in acronis os selector? They are all installed on the same partition but now it only boots into xp. Is there some way i can uninstall xp and get back what i had before?!

Please help i can't use my computer at all!!!

Thanks guys!
There's no place like 0.0.0.0, i'm tired of being at 127.0.0.1

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tripflex

tripflex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 PM

Posted 05 June 2009 - 04:12 PM

I found a fix:
http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-suppor...t-ini-file.html

If that doesn't work for you use Windows 7 CD and click on "Repair my Computer" and unlike XP, 7 will detect everything and do it for you!
There's no place like 0.0.0.0, i'm tired of being at 127.0.0.1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users