Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error 1309. Error reading from file <path>\<file>.cab

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DnDer

DnDer

• Members
  • 646 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 PM

Posted 05 June 2009 - 02:34 PM

The answer I found on MS's technet doesn't match my problem - It claims that this error happens when installing Project before Outlook. There is no Project installed on this computer. It runs OO for everything except Outlook, which allows users to get to our Exchange server.

Here's the really insane thing: 3 users have this error happen. 3 users are able to access outlook just fine. (I've personally tested and observed this behavior.)

Since my google-fu failed me and MS has been less than helpful, I turn to the vast knowledge of BC's users in the hopes that someone else has seen an error like this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 L0jyq

L0jyq

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 PM

Posted 11 June 2009 - 05:54 PM

When does this error come up?

#3 DnDer

DnDer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 646 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 PM

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:14 AM

When trying to open outlook from start menu, quick launch or the desktop.

#4 L0jyq

L0jyq

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 PM

Posted 12 June 2009 - 12:55 PM

Have you followed the path given and verified that the file in question is in fact there, and not missing like it's claiming to be?

If it's missing you should just be able to copy it from the functioning installs of outlook on the other machine's and replace it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users