Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sonicwall Internet Filter

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 glenncpa

glenncpa

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 AM

Posted 05 June 2009 - 02:18 PM

I received a Toshiba A305 for Christmas and while trying to google certain areas I find that I am prohibited from viewing the sites by Sonicwall. Each time I try I get the message "forbidden category" for what is an completely inocuous site. I am the system administrator and owner of the laptop. How can I get rid of or disable this filter?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sidorak95

sidorak95

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2009 - 07:57 PM

SonicWall is a hardware based firewall device between your PC and your Internet connection.

The message your getting is coming from the SonicWall device. Your trying to access something that isn't allowed by the SonicWall administrator. I.e. your boss or parents or whoever owns the network your on.

Source

Did you have another computer before that connected the same way? Did it have the Sonicwall filter?

#3 glenncpa

glenncpa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2009 - 01:24 PM

Thanks. Panera Bread owns the WiFi network I'm using. That's where the block is occurring.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users