Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot connect to net except AOL

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 benhrei

benhrei

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 AM

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:09 AM

Hi. I tried over at the malware forums with no luck - the computer is clean, but cannot run antivirus due to lack of connectivity. Maybe somebody here can help me out.

My mom's Win PC is running AOL 9.1 and the only way we can connect to the internet on that machine is to use AOLs BYOA plan. We have Verizon Fios and it works everywhere else in the house. I have tried everything I can to look at settings, proxies, and whatever else. I used windows restore which worked once, and then it didn't work again. We don't have a recovery disk, so I'm loath to wipe the machine clean. I'm also very hesitant to uninstall AOL because then there might be NO internet on that pc.

Please somebody try to help me reconnect to the net.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users