Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

sudden abrupt restart of computer

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 abhii

abhii

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 05 June 2009 - 08:56 AM

hello every one :thumbsup: i have a problem that my computer suddenly restarts when i am using it i donno wat it is :flowers: please help me :trumpet:
Windows XP SP3, Intel Pentium® D CPU 2.66 GHz ,Ram DDR2 1.5GB , Seagate 160GB SATA Hard Drive , Video Card VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP, LG DVD R/W Writer

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 05 June 2009 - 11:28 AM

What are you doing when it restarts ?

What brand & model is it ?

What version of Windows ?
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#3 abhii

abhii
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 06 June 2009 - 12:22 AM

I updated my system information, i restarts when i am browsing net and even when i browse through my files and folders i cannot make out what it is :thumbsup:
Windows XP SP3, Intel Pentium® D CPU 2.66 GHz ,Ram DDR2 1.5GB , Seagate 160GB SATA Hard Drive , Video Card VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP, LG DVD R/W Writer

#4 DanDaMan

DanDaMan

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 11 June 2009 - 03:19 PM

You should provide more information on the problem for people to accurately diagnose what may be happening.

Just guessing based on the limited information but I think you may be running into either an over-heating issue or bad memory.

Try airdusting the system to make sure fans and coolers are not clogged with dust, and then try checking your memory for errors. Heres a guide on how to do a memory diagnostic.

Edited by DanDaMan, 11 June 2009 - 03:20 PM.

#5 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 11 June 2009 - 05:38 PM

Go into the control panel and into your system folder. Select the advanced tab and the start up and recovery options un-check the box next to Automatically Restart on system failure. When the computer crashes write down ALL of the information on the BSOD (blue screen of Death) an post back with the information.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users