Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

setting up router for lan

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 vayne24

vayne24

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 05 June 2009 - 04:35 AM

I have a D-Link Dir-300 wireless router and have 2 computers wired to it. my internet connection is currently down so I wanted to play Lan Games. Everything seems fine and I can ping the computers from each other. but when i try to play multiplayer games I can't see the games created by the other pc. I'm trying to play warcraft III , red alert 2, diablo 2, and dungeon siege. I have read some tutorials and they seem to talk of port forwarding which I can't understand much

Edit*
I did port forwarding for warcraftIII. I placed WarcraftIII1 with 192.168.0.101 for the first PC and
WarcraftIII2 with 192.168.0.100 for the other one. no luck.
I'm using dynamic IP anyways if that could help

Edited by vayne24, 05 June 2009 - 08:50 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 vayne24

vayne24
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:17 PM

bump

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users