Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Curse word censoring software

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 josephbc

josephbc

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 05 June 2009 - 12:01 AM

This isn't really related to vista, but I'm looking for a software that can censor all swear words.

Being someone who knows a few computer languages, I dont see how hard it can be. I use mozilla firefox. You'd think that if it can search for specific words and highlight them, it would be able to search for specific words in a page as it's loading and replace them with stars, and change the background color of that text to black so it isn't visible unless you select it, or something.

Another problem, would be finding a list of curse words to copy and past, but I'll save that for another time. So if yo know of a software that can do this please link me to it. Or a mozilla firefox add on.

(Moderator edit: post moved to more appropriate forum. jgw)

Edited by jgweed, 05 June 2009 - 08:04 AM.

"Questions are the answer."

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RedDawn

RedDawn

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 PM

Posted 05 June 2009 - 12:10 PM

Maybe not exactly what you're looking for...

ProCon Latte 1.7.9.5

YouTube Comment Snob 1.3

#3 josephbc

josephbc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:26 PM

WoW! Thank you so much! I was pretty tired of seeing so much profanity, on the forum board I go to! And I love that I can add any words.
I also love the comment snob add on! I hated seeing so many swear words one every youtube page and now I can read the comments with peace!
"Questions are the answer."

#4 RedDawn

RedDawn

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 PM

Posted 05 June 2009 - 04:23 PM

You're very welcome.

:thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users