Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

need some help with malware doctor

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 atazk

atazk

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 PM

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:38 PM

I have been hard at work at trying to resolve this problem, but its taking me quite a while. Basically i got this virus from a USB which had Uniblue programs on it, i was going to work on another computer which has the same same malware doctor problem. It seems as i used the USB on this computer it got infected as well. For one when Windows XP PRO loads usually explorer.exe doesnt either, ive been able to get around this by restarting the computer a couple times. After explorer.exe works i get the malware doctor program running, which has disabled the task manager, registry editor and would hide folder options. I have been able to get around this by working with the gpedit.msc, until recently i had been getting popups with errors like so 0x77c460ad has encountered a problem, 0x00000007 memory could not be read, which would disable the task manager, registry editor, and folder options, forcing me to re-enable them. Currently i have been deleting the most recent files in the system32 folder.
Through several reboots, i still havent been able to remove it completely, and i need some help, i was able to download the hijackthis program but i cannot install it. Im using firefox currently and it seems the virus automatically closes some windows with key words in them. Hope this was clear enough, and hope you guys can help me.
As of now i get this error:
Posted Image

And this is the msconfig with some startups of the malware/virus
Posted Image

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 trashcan7

trashcan7

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:47 PM

Can you get into safe mode (tapping F8 on computer startup)?

#3 atazk

atazk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:13 PM

the times i tried, explorer.exe wasnt working. since i was able to get around that in a normal startup i havent tried since.

#4 trashcan7

trashcan7

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:00 PM

Well, it would be much easier to run things in safe mode. Last resort, you can still run most processes from the task manager.
In safe mode, when you go to Task Manager>File>New Task, and type in explorer.exe, does it start?
If not, try to run your antivirus/antimalware programs from the task manager, going to New Task and browsing to the appropriate exe file.

#5 atazk

atazk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:53 PM

well safe mode loaded up fine, but i still could not install the hijackthis, or use my spyware program.everything else looked pretty ok

EDIT: firefox still closes when i go to certain pages that have to do with the file the virus is, i havent had any error reports or popups, but i know its still there.

Edited by atazk, 05 June 2009 - 12:22 AM.

#6 atazk

atazk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:38 PM

still have the problem, and needed a bump sorry for this..

EDIT: Now something else has arisen, my computer now seems to automatically restart when i try to use some programs, any help?

Edited by atazk, 06 June 2009 - 12:48 AM.

#7 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,993 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 07 June 2009 - 04:43 PM

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic. You have another topic here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/232089/infected-with-malware/ in which you have received instructions to follow.

Orange Blossom ~ forum moderator
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users