Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ECS mobo HDMI port

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kp88

kp88

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 04 June 2009 - 08:46 PM

i recently purchased a ECS GF8200A, mobo to build a new computer. i have it in the case everything is conected etc. i figure the aftermarket graphics card isnt going to work until i install the drivers so i pluged my hdmi cable in to my big t.v. with an hmdi port i use for my xbox. nothing comes up on the screen. is this an out only?, im hoping id hate to have a bad mobo. all the fans etc start up and i dont have a vga. i also tried using the S-Video port in my other t.v and no display. anyhelp is appriciated.

also the cpu cooler i chose is a thermal take TR2-R1, does it come with thermal paste already on it?, theres a white goo, so im assuming. the box says nothing about it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:18 PM

If you have a add-in video card installed the onboard video/hdmi port ia automatically disabled.
If you want to use either you need to remove the add-in video card.

Your add-in card should work with the Windows default drivers well enough for you to download the drivers for it.
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#3 kp88

kp88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:11 PM

there is no os. im just aiming to get visual before i install any. to be sure memory is compatible etc. i will remove the add in card and try again. even though i tried using the s-video port on the card with a t.v./monitor with an s-vid port. with nothing detected. the fans do turn on, on the vid card.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users