Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Are gaming headsets essential for gaming?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 chenxi

chenxi

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 PM

Posted 04 June 2009 - 08:30 PM

Posted Image

Saw this pair of cool Fatal1ty headset at E3 and was thinking: "$99 for a gaming headset??" Apparently, that's already a pretty low price to pay as I think there are more expensive ones from ATH or Steelsound. What I want to know is, how essential are gaming headset to gaming? I have been using my Gigaworks speaker all my gaming life and found it to be okay. Am I missing out on something?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 AM

Posted 05 June 2009 - 12:42 AM

i dont think so lol
i'd rather have the speakers
but you may have does games when you can talk online to the people while playing then they would be petty good
but you got to have good internet

#3 maki2012

maki2012

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 AM

Posted 07 June 2009 - 08:11 PM

A normal pair of earbuds work fine for me (I play fps's so you have to hear the small stuff, speakers just don't work). Footsteps and gunfire are so important, I recommend moving background music (and not game music) out of the game folder (but only if you are a serious gamer). Otherwise, a headset isn't that necessary, just cool.

#4 hulander

hulander

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 13 June 2009 - 05:15 AM

As far as i know they are not essential for gaming but ya if you have a gaming headsets then you will be able to enjoy your game even more..Posted Image
Technology Lover...Posted Image

#5 oneup

oneup

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2009 - 03:15 PM

I have a 40$ pair, and they work fine. The sound is good, and the mic works well. 99$ is too much. You're paying for the name with that one. Just go to your local best buy and buy a good pair. Mine were 40$, and I use them for all my head phone sound needs, for my computer. I think the attached mic works better than a stand alone one, for an attached one is closer to your head.
Posted Image

#6 matty34

matty34

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 PM

Posted 18 November 2009 - 07:42 PM

I don't think there essential or anything like that. I have a 20 ($30) pair, I only use them if I'm scrimming, or if I'm talking to friends whilst playing. It depends on how much you play, what you play, and who you play with.

For example, I play CS and I tend to not use it unless im scrimming with my clan, apart from that I won't use them as they're not needed...

It just basically comes down to whether you prefer to talk whilst playing, or not. Nothing special.

#7 AgentX44

AgentX44

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:49 PM

As Marvin the Martian would say, "Where's the kaboom? There's supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" Nothing brings a good gaming experience than surround speakers, lol

#8 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 AM

Posted 20 November 2009 - 12:23 AM

I don't think the OP does not care for this post no more.
Because it is a few months old

#9 Smurfmdk

Smurfmdk

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 PM

Posted 25 November 2009 - 12:25 PM

Like most have said surround sound (set up correctly) would work fine and provding you don't have neighbours/parents/partner complaining too much i would have them myself.

However as i have 2 of the above and tend to play alot of clan games with the need to speak i use this gaming headset : Sennheiser PC 350 PRO-Gaming Headset - got it a couple of months back and it is amazing, the sounds and the bass are brilliant, the mic is fantastic and doesn't pick up sounds from my earphones when i speak like my friend's does...big thumbs up for this headset. One downfall is that is cost 115, which as most people have posted on here ridiculous.

I thought i would put in my two penneth anyway :thumbsup:

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users