Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PRINT SPOOLER NOT WORKING

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jdb369

jdb369

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Posted 30 June 2005 - 08:53 AM

Here is the message my daughter gets when she tries to print:
THE PRINT SPOOLER DEPENDS ON THE LEXBCE SERVER WHICH FAILED TO START BECAUSE OF THE FOLLOWING ERROR:
THE SYSTEM CANNOT FIND THE FILE SPECIFIED.

Bleeping Computer gave me a fix to try:
This can be fixed by removing the LexBceS dependency. To remove the dependency you should use the following command and start the print spooler service:

sc config spooler depend= RPCSS

Note: Notice the space after depend= . This is necessary.

My question is WHERE do I use the command? In Run? In DOS? Insert in a file?
What and Where.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 thedon57

thedon57

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 AM

Posted 30 June 2005 - 09:14 AM

ISHOULD THINK YOU WOULD DO IT IN RUN, I HAVE A LEXMARK BUT HAVE NEVER HAD THAT TROUBLE WHAT WAS BEING DONE AT TIME
Now installed Microsoft Security Essencials on my Tower with Windows Home Premium 32bit and Toshiba Satellite Pro Laptop with Windows Home Premium 64bit

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2005 - 09:22 AM

According to both Castlecops

http://castlecops.com/s8327-TkNetDriver_Monitor.html

and PC Review
http://www.pcreview.co.uk/startup/lexbce.exe.php

lexbce.exe is dangerous - added by a variant of the W32.SPYBOT WORM!

W32.Spybot.Worm
Category 2
Discovered on: April 16, 2003
Last Updated on: June 03, 2005 05:08:52 PM

W32.Spybot.Worm is a detection for a family of worms that spreads using KaZaA file sharing and mIRC. This worm can also spread to computers that are infected with common back door Trojan horses and network shares that make use of weak passwords.

W32.Spybot.Worm can perform different back door type functions by connecting to a configurable IRC server and joining a specific channel to listen for instructions. Newer variants may also spread by exploiting the following vulnerabilities:

* The DCOM RPC Vulnerability (described in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026) using TCP port 135.
more at:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcen...pybot.worm.html

#4 jdb369

jdb369
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2005 - 09:50 AM

Thanks for the info about it being dangerous, Enthusiast, it is that because my daughter can't print. So how do I solve that problem?

Thanks Thedon57 I will try it in run, that was my first choice but then I thought maybe it needed to be inserted in a file.

Will keep your informed. :thumbsup:

#5 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2005 - 10:01 AM

Your daughter may have downloaded that malware through MIRC or KAZAA but in any case both of the anti-virus sites stated that it was malware.

After getting rid of the problem you may need to reinstall your printer.

I would post a hijack this log here following the instructions you will find at:

How to get help using Hijack This and get a team memberís assistance:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/How...s_Log-t956.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users