Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Taskbar issue....I need help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 -KiKi-

-KiKi-

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 04 June 2009 - 04:50 PM

I'm having a taskbar issue. My niece was on the computer, and she must have accidently clicked or dragged something which caused the taskbar to move to the right of the screen vertically. I'm trying to put the taskbar back at the bottom of the screen where it belongs, but I'm having a hard time doing it.

I'm providing you guys with a screenshot below of what it looks like. When you look to the right of the screen, you will see that the taskbar is now vertical.

Posted Image

Can someone please tell me how to get it back to the bottom of the screen please?

Edited by -KiKi-, 04 June 2009 - 04:52 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 joseibarra

joseibarra

• Members
  • 1,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 AM

Posted 04 June 2009 - 05:02 PM

An unlocked taskbar can be moved to any screen edge by "grabbing" it with the left mouse button on an empty area, holding down the left mouse button and dragging it to the left a bit and then back to the bottom (or top, or other side...).

If you drag it to the bottom and the height it too much, position the mouse on the top edge until it turns into a double arrow, hold the left mouse button down, and pull the taskbar down to the desired height.

When you have it where you want, right click an open area of the taskbar and click the Lock the Taskbar option (a check box will appear).

Now, it should stick until you unlock it and move it.

Edited by joseibarra, 04 June 2009 - 05:04 PM.

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates.

#3 -KiKi-

-KiKi-
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2009 - 05:11 PM

Thanks for your assistance, but I was already trying to drag and position it before I posted this thread, and I'm still doing what you said, but all it will do is drag to the left or right increasing/decreasing the size of the taskbar.

It won't even drag to the bottom. That's the problem I'm having. How can I get it to even re-position to the bottom of the screen? It's not allowing me to do that.

If you still don't know what I should do, then is there anyone else who could possibly help me?

Edited by -KiKi-, 04 June 2009 - 05:16 PM.

#4 -KiKi-

-KiKi-
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2009 - 05:32 PM

Never mind. I just googled an article on another website that showed me exactly what to do. It's fixed now.

A moderator can close this thread now. Once again, thanks joseibarra for your assistance. :thumbsup:

#5 joseibarra

joseibarra

• Members
  • 1,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 AM

Posted 04 June 2009 - 05:37 PM

Well, what exactly did your Google search tell you to do that fixed it?

If my instructions are not right, I would sure like to change them.

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users