Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Introductions

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 KiKi

KiKi

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 30 June 2005 - 08:09 AM

Hi :thumbsup:

My name is KiKi and I come from Adelaide South Australia. I actually found my way here by sheer accident while searching Google for a completely different related topic and decided to have a look around and I have to say from what I have read within the forum so far I am very impressed.

It's nice to see a place where the Administrator and Moderators are not only extremely friendly but also make new members feel very welcome and eager to join in and become participating posters both in asking for help and offering help.

I have looked at many forums that profess to help those who are having problems with their computers or are after some kind of advice only to be either ignored or made to feel less inferior due to their lack of knowledge and computer understanding. So many places up on the Internet have no time or patience for those who are computer illiterate forgetting that we were all there ourselves at one time or another and to finally come across a place that is so willing and happy to help is a breath of fresh air.

I will not only be coming back time and time again I will without doubt be recommending your site to everyone I know including those who have a sound knowledge of certain area's that may be of help to others here as well as those who are seeking advice on how to deal with a particular problem they may be faced with.

I take my hat off to each and everyone of the Moderator/Admin team. :flowers:

Edited by KiKi, 30 June 2005 - 08:12 AM.

Memories are like a Boomerang

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2005 - 10:59 AM

:thumbsup: to BC! KiKi.
The Admin/Mods are really friendly and very helpful as well. I've posted a few "questionable" topics once and they worked with me in a very firendly manner to resolve it. So, yes "take my hat off to each and everyone of the Moderator/Admin team." :flowers:

Good Luck,
yanowhiz

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2005 - 12:26 PM

Everyone here began as a novice in computing and remembers,Kiki, how confusing it can be, how highly technical information can add make it more so, and how being patronised at the same time only discourages learning and solving problems.
Today, moreover, computing has become more and more complex and knowledge ever more specialized; consequently, almost no one can possibly hope to be an expert in every area. Here at BC, members help one another by sharing their own areas of expertise with others who do not have the same level, interest, or daily at-hand need.
In addition to the BC Team, you should also say a big thank you to all the members who contribute where they can. It is the community that really makes this place unique.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 30 June 2005 - 06:45 PM

I can't add anymore to what's already been said, so..... i'll just say :thumbsup: KiKi
Nice to see you here

BBPP6nz.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users