Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Annoying Constant Message Notification

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Vyreo

Vyreo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:26 PM

I continually recieve a message notification that pops up in roughly 3-4 minute increments.
Attached File  error_message.JPG   11.41KB   17 downloads

I know all of my system information, but I am not sure what someone might need to help me address this problem.

I suspect that there are most likely many topics of this distinction and I apologize if this is a boring problem.

I would really appreciate all the help I can get. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,560 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 04 June 2009 - 02:26 PM

Good article on file referenced at http://www.pcpitstop.com/libraries/process/i/ArcCon.ac.html

Chances are that you once installed an ArcSoft program for images and that file is a bug of some type to remind you to register, update, whatever.

You need to do a search of your system for that particular file (ArcCon.dll).

If such file is not found, then there may be some sort of startup entry that points to the missing file. If so, you can use the Autoruns program to find and disable/remove such (using the Logon tab only).

AutoRuns for Windows - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963902.aspx

Louis

#3 joseibarra

joseibarra

• Members
  • 1,157 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 04 June 2009 - 02:59 PM

That software (PhotoImpression?) is supposed to enhance your user experience according to their WWW site.

I read that if you download just the ArcSoft software (if you can't find it on your system to install) and run the install, there is supposed to be a repair option that might do the trick. If that doesn't work out, uninstall it and reinstall it.

To download: http://www.arcsoft.com/public/download/arcconnect.asp

Another idea was to see if arccon.dll is somehow accidentally in your Recycle Bin and restore it.

Your problem doesn't look like the one reminding you to register - your problem is about a missing file.

Edited by joseibarra, 04 June 2009 - 03:02 PM.

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users