Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 beta installation on New computer

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Gigabyeam3

Gigabyeam3

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:16 AM

Hi, I'm new here and I was wondering if anyone could help me? I recently built a computer and I would like to install windows 7 beta on it. However, I downloaded the windows 7 64bit from Microsoft on my older comp and burned it on a DVD +R. I then put cd in my new computer and well nothing happens. Computer literally does not detect it.

Any opinions, suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 gtredx69

gtredx69

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:22 AM

Hi,

Simple question, do ya know if your BIOS is set to detect and boot dvd 1st it may be set to boot straight to the hard disk

#3 RonS WINDOWS-TEAM

RonS WINDOWS-TEAM

Authorized Microsoft Rep

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:16 AM

First question: are you talking about the RC, because the Beta is now a later version of Windows 7? Second question: when you say you burned it to a DVD, are you talking about the file that you downloaded or did you go through the ISO burning process?

Here’s a link to installation instructions that should help you out: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7...structions.aspx.

Feel free to post back with any other specific questions.

Cheers,
Ron S

Windows Outreach Team

Facebook - Twitter - YouTube

#4 Gigabyeam3

Gigabyeam3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2009 - 12:25 AM

Hi,

Simple question, do ya know if your BIOS is set to detect and boot dvd 1st it may be set to boot straight to the hard disk

Yep I have the dvd rom set up to boot first and hard drive as second.

First question: are you talking about the RC, because the Beta is now a later version of Windows 7? Second question: when you say you burned it to a DVD, are you talking about the file that you downloaded or did you go through the ISO burning process?

Here’s a link to installation instructions that should help you out: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7...structions.aspx.

Feel free to post back with any other specific questions.

Cheers,

Yeah my bad I meant RC (ignore title). Thank you for the link I can see where I went wrong as I pretty much just copied and pasted the whole file to the DVD. :huh: I'll see if it works based on the ISO burning process.

#5 Gigabyeam3

Gigabyeam3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2009 - 02:34 AM

Well redownloaded Windows 7RC (just in case) and I also downloaded Active@ ISO Burner. I right clicked Windows 7RC file and clicked "burn ISO file." It seemed to work but fails half way through with a burner error. I've triend several times with no success. :huh: Any suggestions on what to do next would be great, for now I'll just try different DVD R's. (so far I've spent like 6 hours on this problem lol!)

Edited by Gigabyeam3, 05 June 2009 - 02:35 AM.

#6 RonS WINDOWS-TEAM

RonS WINDOWS-TEAM

Authorized Microsoft Rep

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 05 June 2009 - 11:52 AM

Maybe try another ISO burner?

I think they suggest a couple in the instructions, or you can just go to http://www.download.com and look for one.

Cheers,
Ron S

Windows Outreach Team

Facebook - Twitter - YouTube

#7 Gigabyeam3

Gigabyeam3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:02 AM

UPDATE:

Well last night I went through about 10 more DVD +R on ISO program "active@ISO burner" I then finally tried DVD R and it worked!

Not sure if the different DVD or that the others were just bad but either way I'm happy it worked!

Oh and windows 7RC is fast on my comp. :huh:

Thank you so much for the help RonS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users