Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adware.BHO

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 aland08

aland08

• Members
  • 210 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:02 AM

Hi,

MBAM detected some problems tonight. A MBAM staff member sent me a link, http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:bVEgsu...=clnk&gl=us , that seems to explain the issue but I am in a bit over my head here. Seems that this infection may have serious ramifications & I want to be sure I am clean. I scan daily with Avast, MBAM & AdAware, run Spywareblaster, a hard firewall in addition to Windows. I just picked this infection up tonight. I have included my entire post to the MBAM forum below, including the MBAM log. Any help would be appreciated. BTW...all scans are now coming up clean. Thanks.

Alan
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Updated & scanned today on 2 separate machines & picked up the same infections on both machines. The machines are not networked in the sense that they each operate separately, but they do share a router & modem. I had many specific ad cookies disabled on one machine & decided to allow them back today...again, this was only on one machine. Seems as though this has something to do with the scan results as all issues appear to be ad related. Anyway, just an FYI. Still, I don't understand why enabling cookies, & not even 3rd party cookies, would cause MBAM to consider them a registry problem. Perhaps someone could shed some light on this. See report below:"

Thanks, Alan

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.37
Database version: 2227
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

06/03/2009 11:30:16 PM
mbam-log-2009-06-03 (23-30-16).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 90279
Time elapsed: 4 minute(s), 1 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 7
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\P3P\History\bfast.com (Adware.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\P3P\History\commission-junction.com (Adware.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\P3P\History\fastclick.com (Adware.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\P3P\History\fastclick.net (Adware.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\P3P\History\kqzyfj.com (Adware.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\P3P\History\linksynergy.com (Adware.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\P3P\History\qksrv.net (Adware.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

Edited by aland08, 04 June 2009 - 12:04 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 aland08

aland08
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 210 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 04 June 2009 - 01:08 AM

Nevermind :thumbsup:

MBAM support on top of things again. All is well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users