Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trouble Installing OS to New Hard Drive

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MegamanX47

MegamanX47

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 AM

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:46 PM

Hello, I recently bought a new hard drive for my computer, but whenever I try to install XP Professional from the disk that my computer came with, it doesn't work. The installation gets as far as choosing which disk to install to, but at that point it says "Unknown Disk" for all options. If I hit enter to continue the installation I get an error. Under technical information it says:

*** Stop: 0x00000050 (0xE3F8E4A8, 0x00000000, 0xF77F3F3E, 0x00000002)
*** setupdd.sys - Address F77F3F3E base at F77CF000, DateStamp 3d6dd67f

This is my first post aside from an intro post so I'm not sure if I've given enough or even the right info lol. Thanks in advance for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 04 June 2009 - 07:15 AM

System manufacturer and model?

If you are trying to install XP by use of a recovery/restore disk...you probably need to check the manufacturer's website or your owner's manual...to see if such is possible.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users