Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

unable to remove

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 splarigus

splarigus

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 PM

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:44 PM

hello this is my first time on the site,
i recently had winblue soft install itself on my system, the computer kept restarting by itself my dsl internet seemed to slow down, and to no avail could i get it to go away, each time i switched the computer on and went into "my computer" and went to open "c:\" threatfire would start a quarrantine process and log to unknow proceccs by removable drives, upon restarting i had no explorer bar or icons on the screen, the only way i could get the explorer bar back on the bottom of the screen was to click cntrol alt delete and run new task and open threatfire up from there and remove to 2 logs from quarrantine and restart, but the same thing happens everytime i go into "my compute" then c:\" the same thing would occur.

i uninstalled winbluesoft with the uninstaller and then deleted the folder in "program folders"
then searched the registry in regedit, and found 2 registry files with winbluesoft in the title, removed them, and after that winbluesoft never appeared again,

while this was happening, i found that my internet explorer was not opertating properly, i would click on tools then windows update, and get taken to a dodgey google site with "www.windowsupdate.microsoft.com" still in the address bar. everytime i tried anything to do with an update connection or downloading an update on the windows site, it would come up with the page could not be connected, everytime i try to download something reccomended with "spyware" or "malware" in the program title the same page would pop up.

i could not run any executalble files associated with spybot, malwarebytes, even the burn cd button on nero would not light up.

after 3 days with long nights, i decided to re-install windows, but beforehand i copied "my documents" folder to my storage drive, and then went about the windows install, pain in the butt by the way, i hate re-installing windows, anyhow.

with windows re-installed last night, i thought everything would be alright, but, today switching the computer on, and then going to update windows all over again, what do you know, i still get redirected to a dodgey google site witht the update address in the address bar.

so far i have tried:

stopzilla - 14 cookies have been found but have to pay to register and remove.
norton (installed with windows limited time) - found nothing.
malwarebytes - found nothing and that was a recommended program.
threatfire - found nothing.

although i have found in the hdd a folder labelled: ae4e50d128cb47c43c014c6068765f that i could go into, but the 2 folders inside labeled: amd64 and i386 would come up with access denied.

i have now tried hijackthis and here is the result:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 1:13:27 PM, on 4/06/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
D:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
D:\Program Files\Common Files\iS3\Anti-Spyware\SZServer.exe
D:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
D:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
D:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
D:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\ISSVC.exe
D:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
D:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
D:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
D:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
D:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
D:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nTrayFw.exe
D:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
D:\Program Files\Intel\PROSetWired\NCS\PROSet\PRONoMgr.exe
D:\Program Files\ASUS\Ai Booster\OverClk.exe
D:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
D:\Program Files\ASUSTek\ASUSDVD\PDVDServ.exe
D:\Program Files\InterVideo\Common\Bin\WinCinemaMgr.exe
D:\Program Files\VistaDriveIcon\DrvIcon.exe
D:\Program Files\ThreatFire\TFTray.exe
C:\Program Files\ASUS\SmartDoctor\SmartDoctor.exe
D:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
D:\WINDOWS\ATKKBService.exe
D:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\Apache Group\Apache2\bin\apache.exe
D:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
D:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcIp.exe
D:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcLog.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
D:\Program Files\ThreatFire\TFService.exe
D:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcAppFlt.exe
D:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\Apache Group\Apache2\bin\apache.exe
D:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
D:\Program Files\STOPzilla!\STOPzilla.exe
D:\Program Files\STOPzilla!\SZOptions.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
D:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
D:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NSMdtr.exe
D:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
D:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.tpg.com.au/
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - D:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: SITEguard BHO - {1827766B-9F49-4854-8034-F6EE26FCB1EC} - D:\Program Files\STOPzilla!\SZSG.dll
O2 - BHO: Norton Internet Security - {9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1} - D:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - D:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: STOPzilla Browser Helper Object - {E3215F20-3212-11D6-9F8B-00D0B743919D} - D:\Program Files\STOPzilla!\SZIEBHO.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton Internet Security - {0B53EAC3-8D69-4b9e-9B19-A37C9A5676A7} - D:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - D:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: STOPzilla - {98828DED-A591-462F-83BA-D2F62A68B8B8} - D:\Program Files\STOPzilla!\SZSG.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nTrayFw] D:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nTrayFw.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PRONoMgrWired] D:\Program Files\Intel\PROSetWired\NCS\PROSet\PRONoMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Launch Ai Booster] "D:\Program Files\ASUS\Ai Booster\OverClk.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "D:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [URLLSTCK.exe] D:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\UrlLstCk.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE D:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE D:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] "D:\Program Files\ASUSTek\ASUSDVD\PDVDServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WINCINEMAMGR] "D:\Program Files\InterVideo\Common\Bin\WinCinemaMgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DrvIcon] D:\Program Files\VistaDriveIcon\DrvIcon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ThreatFire] D:\Program Files\ThreatFire\TFTray.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ASUS SmartDoctor] C:\Program Files\ASUS\SmartDoctor\\SmartDoctor.exe /start
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "D:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] D:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] D:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] D:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] D:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'Default user')
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - D:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - D:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: d:\program files\common files\is3\anti-spyware\is3lsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: d:\program files\common files\is3\anti-spyware\is3lsp.dll
O12 - Plugin for .spop: D:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {5ED80217-570B-4DA9-BF44-BE107C0EC166} (Windows Live Safety Center Base Module) - http://cdn.scan.onecare.live.com/resource/...lscbase5483.cab
O23 - Service: ATK Keyboard Service (ATKKeyboardService) - ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. - D:\WINDOWS\ATKKBService.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - D:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Proxy (ccProxy) - Symantec Corporation - D:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - D:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - D:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: ForceWare Intelligent Application Manager (IAM) - Unknown owner - D:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcAppFlt.exe
O23 - Service: Forceware Web Interface (ForcewareWebInterface) - Apache Software Foundation - D:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\Apache Group\Apache2\bin\apache.exe
O23 - Service: ISSvc (ISSVC) - Symantec Corporation - D:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\ISSVC.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - D:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Intel® Corporation - D:\Program Files\Intel\PROSetWired\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
O23 - Service: ForceWare IP service (nSvcIp) - NVIDIA - D:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcIp.exe
O23 - Service: ForceWare user log service (nSvcLog) - NVIDIA - D:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcLog.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - D:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - D:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - D:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - D:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - D:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: STOPzilla Service (szserver) - iS3, Inc. - D:\Program Files\Common Files\iS3\Anti-Spyware\SZServer.exe
O23 - Service: ThreatFire - PC Tools - D:\Program Files\ThreatFire\TFService.exe

--
End of file - 9400 bytes

can you please help me, i'm mentally exhausted from trying everything and have run out of options.

thanks
splarigus

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,693 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 PM

Posted 04 June 2009 - 08:46 PM

Topic closed at member's request as he/she has reformatted.

Orange Blossom :thumbup2:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users