Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Minefield/Firefox3 delete open all in tabs?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MilesAhead

MilesAhead

• Members
  • 197 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 AM

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:05 PM

I've tried all the userChrome.css stuff on the web to get rid of "open all in tabs" at the bottom of bookmark folders. Anyone know of an AddOn that works? I'm using custom themes so that might have some effect but I'd like to get rid of it. Ideally you should be able to delete individual ones you don't want but for some reason that seems impossible like backing up one page using the cache. Oh well!!

Not the end of the world if I have to keep it but it's just annoying I can't get rid of it!

"I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."
- Groucho Marx

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 04 June 2009 - 04:56 PM

Hello,

I'm not sure if I understand, you can close individual tabs by clicking the 'X' in the top right of a FF tab.
Regards,

Alan.

#3 MilesAhead

MilesAhead
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 197 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:09 PM

Look in any folder of bookmarks. You should see, on the bottom, "Open All In Tabs". That's what I want to get rid of. Not close the tabs.

- Groucho Marx

#4 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2009 - 07:33 PM

I see, have you tried http://userstyles.org/styles/8008
Regards,

Alan.

#5 MilesAhead

MilesAhead
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 197 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2009 - 08:00 PM

Been there no joy. Looks like one of those things that won't go away. Last thing I tried to directly modify with script(using userchrome css hack) was to get a multi-line toolbar. Got the toolbar, lost the vertical scrollbar. So I use a theme that makes the little folder icons on the Bookmarks Toolbar smaller and bunch my bookmarks in folders. Only thing is every one of them has that open all shotgun trigger sitting there taking up space. Not the end of life as we know it, but it sure would feel good to just be able to right click on it and delete it! :thumbsup:

- Groucho Marx

#6 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2009 - 10:30 AM

I imagine that it would be possible to do, but it would be a bit messy and probably cause bugs. I would submit a change request to FF and see if they would be willing to add the option to remove it. More information can be found at https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox3/Firefox_R...Change_Requests
Regards,

Alan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users