Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem copying video

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,713 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 29 June 2005 - 11:48 PM

I just puchased and installed a Lite On CD-RW along with Nero express, while just playing around with it I tried to copy a small video (2.52MB) using the Video CD option and had a message come up telling me that I would need a MPEG-2 to copy the video. I found a reference to M-PEG, but I still have no idea what I need, or where to get it. Help please.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 08 July 2005 - 02:33 PM

Video-CD format uses mpeg-1 not mpeg-2 (mpeg-2 is used for DVD quality video on a DVD disc.). You must be clicking the wrong option in Nero Express. It already has an mpeg-1 encoder built in to it to convert video to VideoCD format.

#3 LaZyFLiP07

LaZyFLiP07

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 AM

Posted 13 July 2005 - 12:49 PM

Are you using Nero Recode 2?

#4 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 14 July 2005 - 10:09 AM

I think you need this plugin. Nero DVD

#5 MartyGeek

MartyGeek

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 17 July 2005 - 12:16 AM

Hi,

You could also try creating a "Data CD", with the contents just the .mpg file.

This should read in most DVD players, unless it's encoded with XVid or some other quirky video Codec.

M :thumbsup:

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30,713 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 20 July 2005 - 03:31 AM

I started this thread 6/29/05, and after not getting a response in over a week I forgot about it, and it wasn't until I changed my email address last week that I started getting notifications from this forum, and I received my first notice regarding this thread today.

MartyGeek...I was able to copy the video using the data CD method but wasn't able to view it from my DVD player, must have that weird codec.

Stidyup...what sort of a plugin would you suggest?

LaZyFLiPO7...what a moniker, was using Nero Express 5.5

And last of all, I received a email via this forum from keilpark regarding a mpeg encoder, if you send me a pm with your email address I will send you mine. Thanks

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users