Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

JSP files - anyone know what they are?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lulabelle

lulabelle

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 30 August 2004 - 06:20 PM

The following two files are always in My Documents :
PersLogo.jsp (7KB) and BizzLogo.jsp (10 KB).
They wil not open and windows does not recognise the file type. When I put them in the recycle bin and empty it they're back again in no time at all. They do not come up in any Adaware or Norton Scans. They do nothing except annoy me, but I'm curious about them to say the least!

Can anyone shed any light? Where they came from, what they are and why the pesky things won't go away?

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Fuelm@n

Fuelm@n

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2004 - 06:48 PM

HTH http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=jsp&Submit3=Go%21
BleepingComputer Posted Image

#3 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,629 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2004 - 10:34 PM

Hi lulabelle,
Do you use Microsoft Publisher, perhaps for a website? If so those are legitimate files that will keep coming back when you use MP. If you don't use it then post back.

The biz1logo.jsp file contains the logo information for the Primary Business identity that is available within Microsoft Publisher (where an identity is a set of related personal information which includes your personal name, job title, address, organization name, phone/fax/e-mail, tag line, logo, and optionally your preferred color scheme).

Microsoft Publisher provides the use of four separate identities for each profile that exists on the system. These four identities each have a corresponding JSP file that contains the logo for that identity. The logo files associated with each identity are as follows:

Primary Business - biz1logo.jsp
Secondary Business - biz2logo.jsp
Other Organization - Orglogo.jsp
Home/Family - Perslogo.jsp

http://www.it-faq.pl/mskb/187/763.HTM

I also found this with some more information, but you might want to do a Google search on MP to learn more.
http://www.ftpplanet.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/002114.html

The thing about people

is they change

when they walk away.--Mipso

#4 lulabelle

lulabelle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2004 - 06:47 AM

I do indeed have Publisher 98 installed on the computer and use it quite regularly to make up worksheets etc, newsletters etc. I never publish to the web which explains why the files stay the same.
You guys are great- thanks for all the info; it makes perfect sense now! I shall leave well alone and they will no longer annoy! Thanks again!

#5 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 31 August 2004 - 04:34 PM

Dont feel like you have annoyed anyone, and please do not go away.
All of us welcome new members to their new home, and I hope you enjoy your stay.
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users