Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cant get rid of genuine microsoft?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rhianna

Rhianna

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 03 June 2009 - 01:16 PM

It popped up on my computer yesterday and I followed the instructions, it said my computer was counterfeited software but we got it straight from Dell. How do I get rid of this? It changed the background, added extra software, and pops up right away when I turn my computer on, even before the password box.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Supreme Edgeboy Max

Supreme Edgeboy Max

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 AM

Posted 03 June 2009 - 03:45 PM

Is it Windows Genuine Advantage doing that to your computer specifically, or something else?
Either way, WGA may produce false positives sometimes.

Did you reinstall Windows XP on your computer?
How long ago did you obtain your computer?

Posted Image

#3 Rhianna

Rhianna
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 09 June 2009 - 04:50 PM

It is Windows Genuine Advantage, I'm pretty sure.

I haven't re-installed Windows XP yet, but whats weird is yesterday it started only popping up on the start up and then its perfectly fine.

We got our hard drive and monitor separately, monitor in 2008, hard drive in 2005.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users