Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems Installing GeForce 8600gt graphics card

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Zach712

Zach712

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 PM

Posted 03 June 2009 - 09:57 AM

Ok so I got my new EVGA GeForce 8600gt graphics card today and so far have not even got the computer to recognize it. I plugged in the driver, used the cd-rom it came with to install the drivers, then uninstalled my integrated graphics. I have also gone to BIOS and it has no place to actually disable integrated graphics, just an option to override them if anything is plugged into the PCI, PCI-E slot. This card is PCI-E. Nothing I have done has helped at all and I'm hoping someone here will be a be to help me...this is really frustrating.

Specs:
System Model: DM051
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A05
Processor: Intel Pentium D CPU 2.66GHz (2 CPUs)
1 gig of ram
if it helps, my integrated graphics is Intel 82945G Family
I'm not real sure about the power supply so I'll just put what's written on the side of it...
INPUT: 100-120/200-240 VAC, 8.0-4.0A, 50-60 Hz
OUTPUT: +5.0V/22.0A, +3.3V/17.0A, +12VA/18.0A, 12VB/18.0A, -12V/1.0A, +5VFP/2.0A
MAX POWER OUTPUT: 305W

Thanks in advance

Edit: ugh...i think i just found the answer to my own problem. minimum power needed for the card is 350W...and it looks like I only have 305 :thumbsup:. I feel like an idiot now...can anyone suggest any 350+ watt power supplies that are CHEAP?

Edited by Zach712, 03 June 2009 - 10:42 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users