Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

lost my remote desktop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jorfrel

jorfrel

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:23 AM

When I copied remote desktop to my desktop I moved it instead of coping it.
I ended up deleting and emptying out my Recycle bin. Is there a way to restore the link???

IronHulk

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 joseibarra

joseibarra

• Members
  • 1,158 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 03 June 2009 - 09:52 AM

You mean you dragged it and dropped the Remote Desktop Connection shortcut?

Most all that stuff offered in the Start menu (programs, etc.) is all in some folder somewhere that you can navigate to and manipulate (cut, copy, paste, etc.).

What you are offered from the Start menu is a combination of defaults and stuff that belongs to the user.

When I login, my RDC is under Start, Programs, Accessories.

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories

The RDC belongs to all users.

Create the missing Remote Desktop Connection shortcut in that folder and point the Target to the actual program here:

%SystemRoot%\system32\mstsc.exe

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users