Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help!!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 d2shadowman

d2shadowman

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 PM

Posted 03 June 2009 - 01:39 AM

Ok new to the forum i have an acer aspire x1200 desktop windows vista 64 work fine the other night came home next day after kids were on it and now when i start up the computer i get a blue screen after it tries to load and says windows has encountered a problem and has to shut down to prevent further damage to your computer i get diff error codes each time dont know if i got a virus but i use the recovery disks and it wont even let me use the disks i keep gettin different error codes all saying windows shut down to prevent further damage to my computer a friend told me the hard drive is probably messed up from the virus So my question is then do you think i need to buy a new hard drive and then reinstall my windows

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keny111111

keny111111

• Members
  • 406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 03 June 2009 - 04:57 AM

hello & welcome to BC

can you start in safe mode ?

try system restore from there ?

(i think after pressing power button tapping the f2 key repeatedly gets you into safe mode)

good luck
Have A Great Day

...........Kenny.............

#3 d2shadowman

d2shadowman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:21 AM

I cant even get into safe mode and now it tells me no boot agent present and if i do get into safe mode it still shuts down telling me the blue screen saying windows has shut down to prevent further damge to the computer keeps telling me if there was a recent hardware or software change to uninstall it go into safe mode and uninstall and new hardware or software but i havent installed anything. But it wont even let me start windows at all in any normal or safe windows

i have a systems disk and 3 reovery disks the system disk starts to go through the process of recovery i put the first disk in and starts to load then the blue screen saying windows has to shut down to prevent further damage to the computer. Can a virus do that much damage to hard drive to prevent windows from even loading i was told to take computer to a shop to recover the hard drive or but a new one

any ideals

#4 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 PM

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:54 AM

Hello,

If safe mode does not work and recovery disks do not work, I would download a live CD http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download and save my files. Then reformat and reinstall the OS.
Regards,

Alan.

#5 d2shadowman

d2shadowman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:04 AM

the system disk or recovery disks are not even letting me wipe it and reinstall os computer will not start up in windows i keep gettin blue error screens no matter what ive done

#6 d2shadowman

d2shadowman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:33 AM

Ok good news and bad news i googled the stop errors i kept getting and came across an article i have 4gb in my computer 2 gb sticks it told me to pull out one of them and sure and behold i was able to reinstall my os win vista 64 everything works fine but when put that 2gb stick back in automatically goes to the blue screens and keeps trying to repair the computer now my question is is the memory stick bad should i go buy another 2gb ive used this computer almost a year and no problems with it till now

#7 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 PM

Posted 04 June 2009 - 04:53 AM

It does certainly sound like the RAM is damaged. You could try http://www.memtest86.com/ to make sure it is damaged.
Regards,

Alan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users