Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stuck with adware??

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sumiq8

sumiq8

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 PM

Posted 03 June 2009 - 01:26 AM

Hi,

I would appreciate some urgent help. Whenever my PC had adware or spyware on it, the red light beside the On button stays on for a few seconds and then blinks.

Sorry Im not very PC savvy and do not know the technical terms.

I have run Malware Bytes and it turns up nothing.

When I run Super Anti Spyware (free edition) I get a report that
says

Trojan.NewDotNet - 30 threats

Adware.TrackingCooking - 46 threats

So I go through the removal process and reboot. But the parasites never fully disappear

I used the 'File Assassin' from Malware Bytes and got rid of the NewDotNet file in my program files.
But now when I turn my computer on I get an error message saying that 'New Dot Net' cannot be run because the file was not found.

Ugh.... I really need some help here.

Also, how do I do a 'Hijack This' to show you what is going on with my PC??

Please help quick and thank you for your time. xoxox

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,404 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 PM

Posted 03 June 2009 - 11:14 AM

Hello,, let's do this first..
Post your Super log.
To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log.
A text file will open in your default text editor.
Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
Click Close to exit the program.

Rerun MBAM like this:

Open MBAM in normal mode and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when done
click Scanner tab,select Quick scan and scan.
After scan click Remove Selected, Post new scan log and Reboot into normal mode.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users