Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Websearches getting redirected and Paretologic, Ad Aware fail to update

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 xmarkanthonyx

xmarkanthonyx

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 AM

Posted 03 June 2009 - 01:12 AM

I recently (3 months ago bought a full suite of Paretologic software). About two weeks ago Paretologic fails to update. Ad Aware also fails to update, AND finally, web-searches are being automatically re-directed to other random sights. Am I infected with some sort or sorts of malware? Any help I might receive would be greatly appreciated. I am retied and not too savy when it comes to computers...THANKS SO MUCH TO the volunteers!!!

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 screen317

screen317

• Malware Response Team
  • 236 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 PM

Posted 13 June 2009 - 07:38 PM

Hi xmarkanthonyx,

My apologies for the delay. We're all volunteers, and we've been swamped.

There is malware present here. Let's get rid of that first, then work on any remaining issues.

We'll begin with ComboFix.exe. Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running the tool:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix
  • When the tool is finished, it will produce a report for you.
  • Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt along with a new HijackThis log so we may continue cleaning the system.

-screen317

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users